This is the first of three modules coordinated by professor Rui Agostinho. Topics on the formation of the solar system, the life of our star the Sun and the comets will be given. Suitable for all backgrounds and ages.
– The formation of the solar system
– Planetary orbits and Kepler’s laws
– Planet families: teluric, jovian and trans-neptunian
– Physical characteristics of the planets
– Comets: what they are and how they behave
– Extra-solar planets: detection and characteristics
– The interior of the Sun: what a star really is
– Solar activity: solar spots and particle wind
18h30: Stargazing with telescopes
– Stellar evolution: why and how the changes of phase of a star
– Compact stars: white dwarfs, neutron stars and black holes
Registration up to the 11th January. Please send an email to geral @ olagoalqueva.pt with the subject “Curso de Astronomia”.
Rui Agostinho is Assistant Professor at the Department of Physics of the Faculty of Sciences of the University of Lisbon. He has a PhD in Astrophysics/Physics from the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill. He was responsible for keeping the Portuguese official hour at OAL and the service of safely distributing the official hour via internet to the Portuguese institutions and companies.
Data / Hora
Date(s) - 12/01/2019 - 13/01/2019
11:00 - 13:00