This is the second of three modules coordinated by Nuno Santos, of OLA’s team. In this module the apparent motions of the celestial sphere, the constellations, measurement of angles in the sky and technics for observing astronomical objects are going to be explored.
– The apparent motions of the celestial sphere
– Measurement of angles in the sky
– Orientation by the North Star
– Visible constellations on the Northern Hemisphere
– Messier objects and other deep sky object catalogues
– Considerations on the observation of deep sky objects
– Planetary observation
– Types of telescopes and how they work.
– Setting a telescope in station.
18h30: Astronomical observation with telescopes.
Registration up to the 1st of February. Please send an email to geral @ olagoalqueva.pt with the subject “Curso de Astronomia”.
Data / Hora
Date(s) - 03/02/2018
11:00 - 22:00
Observatório do Lago Alqueva