This is the third of three modules coordinated by Nelson Nunes (IA/U. Lisbon and OLA). This session will be focused on Cosmology, the evolution of the Universe and the formation of structure.
– Hubble’s law and the expansion of the Universe
– Einstein, Friedmann and Lemaitre
– Particles in the Universe
– Neutrinos and the electrons
– The Big Bang nucleosynthesis
– Photon decoupling and the cosmic background radiation
– Dark matter
– Formation of structure in the Universe
– Dark energy and the acceleration of the Universe
18h30: Astronomical observations with OLA’s telescopes and guides
– Inflation in the early Universe
– Theories of extradimensions and other strange ideas
13h00 End of the course
Registration up to the 8th of March. Please send us an email to geral @ olagoalqueva.pt with the subject “Astronomy Course”.